Job title: Financial Controller
Location: London, Paddington
Reporting to: Finance Director
Hours: Full time
About our Client
Our client is a fast-growing start-up working in the renewable energy sector. They are enjoying a period of strong growth.
As a result of this success, they are looking to appoint an ambitious self-starter to the post of Financial Controller.
This is an ideal opportunity to grow into a leadership role, shaping the finance function and with the prospect of promotion (ultimately to Finance Director).
The role of the Financial Controller will be to improve the current financial management of the business with a particular focus on budget, multi-currency consolidations and general business accountancy. It will also involve financial oversight of a sister company. You will report to the founders and will have the guidance and support of an experienced Finance Director.
Specifically, you will:
- Take responsibility for all aspects of financial management
- Implement financial controls including management accounts, cash flow forecasts, budgets, multicurrency consolidations
- Develop finance processes, policies and documentation as the business scales up
- Prepare and present regular Board packs
- Provide strategic and financial support to the directors
- Maintain effective credit control
- Prepare VAT returns
- Consider funding and borrowing arrangements
- Liaise with external accountants and HMRC on statutory matters
- Travel regularly to work from a Spanish office (c. once a month)
The Successful Applicant
You will most likely be an ACA qualified accountant (or international equivalent), ideally with a successful track record in a dynamic business. You will be intelligent, commercially focused, and excited by the prospect of joining a small aspirational business. We are looking for someone who is motivated by the excitement, challenge, and dynamism of an entrepreneurial environment.
- ACA qualified (or international equivalent)
- Flexible, dynamic mindset
- Experience of implementing financial controls and creating financial models
- Experience of accounting for multicurrency consolidations
- Experience working in a start up
- Comfortable with international travel (c. once a month)
- Experience of managing P&L and credit control
- Strong Excel skills (vlook-up, pivot tables etc)
- Excellent communication skills with ability to explain financial information to non-finance stakeholders
- Skills to create policies, processes and documentation
- Can do attitude to problem solving
- Attention to detail and personal ownership
- Ambition to develop your career with a fast-growing company
You will be at an advantage if you can also offer:
- Spanish language skills
- International experience
- A willingness to engage in international tax planning and compliance issues