Job title: Accounts Assistant
Salary: £15 phr (3 month contract)
Location: Shepton Mallet, Somerset
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Hours: Part Time (ideally 20hrs over 5 days)
About our Client
Our client is a well-established B2B SME based between Shepton Mallet and Bath.
They are looking to recruit a part time Accounts Assistant on a 3 month contract to support the Finance Manager in providing timely and accurate financial information.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer, so if you’re just returning to work and need to work flexibly then we’d like to hear from you.
This is a part time contract role (full time will be considered) which requires experience of processing source documentation within a busy finance department. Specifically you will be required to:
- Process purchase ledger invoices and resolving supplier queries
- Perform monthly control account and supplier statement reconciliations
- Manage the accounts receivables ledger, including credit control and raising invoices
- Process and monitor expense claims and reconcile monthly credit card statements
- Maintain the subcontract invoice tracker and deal with related queries
- Manage and administer the timesheet process
- Prepare and submit monthly CIS returns
- Contribute to the cash flow forecast
- Support the monthly payroll process
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget
- Prepare quarterly VAT Returns for review by the Finance Manager
- Other ad hoc duties where appropriate
The Successful Applicant
Ideally you will be an AAT qualified finance professional with experience of working in a similar role for at least 2 years.
Other attributes include:
- Experience of control account reconciliations and the month end process.
- Excellent attention to detail with strong administrative skills.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure.
- Excellent communicator and a strong team player.
- Can-do attitude with a continuous improvement mentality.
- Navision experience desirable