Our client is a fast-growing product design & production company in an emerging engineering technology market.
With an enviable list of blue-chip customers, the company is known as being a fantastically innovative place to work.
As they prepare for significant growth in the year ahead, this new role will be key in ensuring the company is able to meet its business objectives.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer, so if you’re just returning to work or need to work part-time then we’d like to hear from you.
As Commercial Finance Manager, your role will be to assist the team in optimizing its financial performance through analysis, interpretation and, most importantly, taking action to improve cost and profitability measures through continual value chain analysis.
Technically astute and flexible, your main responsibility will be to drive financial performance and profitability by working with operational team leaders and project managers.
You will enhance the availability of financial data and the tools used, taking proactive steps to improve profitability at both project and company levels.
Specifically, your responsibilities will be:
- Ownership of cost modelling and financial approval of commercial quotes
- Development of activity cost capturing and financial reporting processes
- Monthly project level profitability analysis and challenge, then working with operational teams to deliver actions to enhance profitability
- Contribution to project closure and lessons learned process, including cost analysis with operational teams to challenge spend and prioritise cost-reduction activities
- Deliver the budget process and track performance against budget
- Financial training and support for Project Managers
This is initially a six-month contract, and it is hoped that the role will develop alongside the company’s continued growth to a permanent role, encompassing wider ownership of the commercial finance activities of the business.
The Successful Applicant
You will have a minimum of two years’ relevant experience, and most likely be a qualified accountant. You will be motivated to succeed in a fast-paced, environment and both eager and determined to solve problems in the face of competing challenges. We’re looking for someone with the personal impact to influence within the business and drive change.
Key attributes include:
- Strong financial modelling skills (including vlookup, pivot tables etc)
- Ability to solve problems and work from first principles
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Ability to multitask and manage deadlines
- Experience seeking and coordinating contributions from technical specialists
- Experience of producing budgets and cashflow forecasts
- Pragmatic, proactive approach to problem solving
Experience working in an engineering/manufacturing business would be an advantage, as would experience of system migration.