Job title: Finance Manager
Day rate: £45,000 to £50,000
Location: Shepton Mallet, Somerset
Reporting to: MD
Hours: Full Time (flexible working possible)
About our Client
Our client is a well-established B2B SME based between Shepton Mallet and Bath.
They are looking to recruit a full time Finance Manager to support the MD and Senior Leadership Team in providing timely and accurate financial information to assist with decision making.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer, so if you’re just returning to work and need to work flexibly then we’d like to hear from you.
This is a full time role which requires experience of running and managing a small finance team. You will be the no1 in finance and your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts pack
- Presenting monthly finance report to the Board
- Producing & monitoring forecasts and budgets by region
- Monitoring cash and preparing cash flow forecasts
- Monitoring WIP by project to ensure accurate recording of costs and revenues
- Ongoing review of processes to improve efficiencies
- Preparing the payroll calculations and processing in a timely manner
- Analysing financial data and developing reporting metrics
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register
- Preparation of VAT and CIS returns and P11Ds
- Contributing to the Company’s decision-making process
- Management and development of a small finance team
- Overseeing the preparation of Statutory Accounts and tax returns
- Liaising with external accountants, HMRC and banks
- Compliance with UK and International GAAP
The Successful Applicant
You will be a qualified finance professional with experience of managing a finance department and in developing financial controls, processes and reporting, ideally in a construction or engineering environment.
- Preferred ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified accountant (QBE also considered)
- A good understanding of project accounting and WIP
- An inquiring analytical mind with strong Excel skills
- Demonstrable experience implementing financial controls, processes and reporting
- Excellent communicator and a strong team player
- Navision experience desirable