Job title: Financial Controller
Package: £70k, plus opportunity for equity
Location: London SW3
Reporting to: Managing Director
Hours: Likely full time, flexibility on hours, part-time considered
About our Client
Our client is a young and vibrant Facilities Management business in central London which is enjoying a period of strong growth.
As a result of this success, they are looking to make a number of key appointments to form a strong, closely knit management team. Our client’s intention is to appoint an ambitious individual motivated by the possibility of equity in the business.
This is an ideal opportunity to grow into a leadership role, heading up the finance function and team, with regular prospects of promotion (ultimately to Finance Director).
Our client is an equal opportunities employer, so if you’re just returning to work or need to work part-time then we’d like to hear from you.
For transparency we would like to point out that this role has previously been advertised as Finance Manager, however the scope of the role has changed to include financial oversight of/ responsibility for a PE backed sister company.
The role of the Financial Controller will be to oversee the current financial management of the business in support of your operational and commercial colleagues, with a particular focus on budget, credit control and general business accountancy. It will also involve financial oversight of a PE backed tech sister company.
Specifically, you will:
- Take overall responsibility for all aspects of financial management;
- Implement financial controls including management accounts, cash flow forecasts, budgets;
- Develop finance processes, policies and documentation as the business scales up;
- Prepare and present regular Board packs;
- Provide strategic and financial support to the directors;
- Maintain effective credit control;
- Prepare VAT returns;
- Consider funding and borrowing arrangements;
- Manage bookkeeper/administrator
- Liaise with external accountants and HMRC on statutory matters.
The Successful Applicant
You will most likely be a qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA), ideally with a successful track record in the cleaning or facilities management sector and PE backed businesses. You will be intelligent, commercially focused, and excited by the prospect of joining a small aspirational business. We are looking for someone with entrepreneurial spirit who is motivated by the opportunity to join the company share option scheme.
The seasonal nature of the business requires someone who’s prepared to put in additional hours during the peak summer months.
- Experience of implementing financial controls and creating financial models;
- Experience of managing P&L and credit control;
- Strong Excel skills (vlook-up, pivot tables etc);
- Working knowledge of cloud accounting systems (Xero preferred);
- Excellent communication skills with ability to explain financial information to non-finance stakeholders;
- Skills to create policies, processes and documentation;
- Can do attitude to problem solving;
- Attention to detail and personal ownership;
- Ambition to develop your career with a fast-growing company.
You will be at an advantage if you can also offer:
- BICS/IOSH certification or MBIFM membership
- Finance/commercial experience in cleaning / facilities management
- Experience working with entrepreneurial SME businesses