About our Client
Our client is a top ten UK accounting firm and one of the largest independent investment managers in the UK. The Bristol office is led by 35 partners and directors and focusses primarily on mid-corporates, owner-managed businesses, private clients and professionals.
They provide a wide range of tax and consulting services to a broad range of companies, from quoted multinational groups to owner managed businesses.
It’s an organisation that’s large enough to compete globally, but where you’ll be familiar with colleagues across the business and where everyone’s contribution is valued.
This role is within the business tax service, which establishes close relationships with its clients to ensure:
- delivery of the most comprehensive business tax advice; and
- awareness of the key opportunities and risks faced by its clients.
This is a technical role, advising clients on issues of VAT compliance and assisting senior VAT specialists in all aspects of VAT compliance and planning.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop detailed VAT knowledge across a wide range of business sectors
- Identify, understand and communicate the issues raised and assist in giving clear, concise and positive opinion and advice
- Assist and advise colleagues such as audit teams in the preparation and review of VAT returns and in VAT matters raised from statutory audits
- Assist and advise senior VAT specialists in due diligence and other corporate finance projects
- Contribute to internal technical support and training across the country
- Develop and build relationships with other professionals, tax and accounting specialists in industry, for example through attendance at seminars and conferences
The Successful Applicant
Ideally you will be ACA, CTA or IIT qualified with significant tax experience advising on VAT matters in a wide range of business sectors.
In addition, you will demonstrate the following skills and aptitudes:
- An analytical and logical approach to complex problem solving
- The ability to manage deadlines and changing priorities through first-rate organizational skills
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Effective, adept written and verbal communication with a wide range of audiences
- A client focused approach, motivated to exceed client expectations
- Commercial awareness of the financial services industry as a whole
There may be travel to client’s premises which could involve occasional overnight stays.
In return for your commitment
Our client rewards and retains its people for the long-term benefit of clients through a combination of:
- a strong shared vision, incorporating best-of-breed principles and client proposition
- an attractive, fun and friendly working culture
- a commitment to training and development
- an opportunity to build a stake in the business, supporting its independence
- competitive remuneration, benefits and incentive plan
- effective support infrastructure