Job title: Strategic Commercial Accountant
Location: Chippenham (SW outskirts)
Reporting to: Founding directors
Job type: Ideally full time (flexible/4 dpw considered)
Our client is a fast-growing business services provider to ambitious growth SMEs throughout the South West and London.
They offer an outsourced finance function providing pro-active financial advice and processing from bookkeeping and management accounts all the way up to strategic FD support and statutory compliance.
As they prepare for significant growth in the year ahead, they are looking for a confident and ambitious Chartered Accountant with both accountancy practice and industry experience to come and join their small and friendly team.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer, so if you’re just returning to work or need to work part-time then we’d like to hear from you.
This is an exciting newly created role within the organisation where you will be working closely with the founding directors to help manage the team and grow the business.
The majority of the work is client facing and specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Producing monthly management information (management accounts, KPI reporting etc);
- Delivery of commercial advice based on management information;
- Business planning using forecasting and modelling;
- Attending client board meetings to present and review financial performance;
- Being responsible for the production of annual compliance accounts, taxation and returns;
- Reconciling balance sheet accounts periodically and maintaining clear supporting schedules;
- Posting month-end accounting journals such as prepayments and accruals;
- Overseeing assistant management accountants with their responsibilities.
The Successful Applicant
The successful person will be a qualified accountant (ideally ACA, ACCA or CIMA) and have a wide range of technical accounting experience and capability, ideally (but not essentially) gained from a mixture of previous practice and industry roles.
You will be motivated to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and both eager and determined to solve problems in the face of competing challenges.
Key attributes include:
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles including trial balance, balance sheet and chart of accounts;
- Experience of producing monthly management accounts, KPI’s, budgets etc
- Strong excel skills (including vlookup, pivot tables etc);
- Client and staff management experience;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to multitask and manage deadlines;
- Well organised and excellent attention to detail;
- Statutory compliance experience;
- Working knowledge of Xero (preferable but not essential).