Job title: Practice Manager
Package: £40-50k pa (potential for equity)
Location: South Gloucestershire
Reporting to: Managing Director
Job Type: Permanent, full time (flexible/ PT working possible)
Our client is a family owned accountancy practice based in South Gloucestershire.
They are now looking for someone with drive and energy to take the practice to the next level, making full use of cloud accounting and creating efficiencies within the firm. For the right candidate there will be potential to become a shareholder within the business.
This is an exciting role for someone who is, one day, ultimately looking to run their own accountancy practice as the role has been created with succession planning in mind. Ideally you will come from an accountancy practice background and be used to managing a portfolio of clients.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead the further development of automated accounting and reporting;
- Prepare self-assessment tax returns, company/partnership accounts and HMRC & Companies House submission;
- Manage Land and Property profits and CGT;
- Handle company formations and associated advice, tax work and planning;
- Provide excellent customer services to a varied client base and develop these relationships over time;
- Undertake day to day administration of statutory books;
- Undertake ad-hoc project work;
- Participate in business development.
The Successful Applicant
You will be an experienced practice accountant, most likely ACCA or ACA qualified, with excellent business development and interpersonal skills.
Specifically, you will have:
- Knowledge of cloud accounting software (eg Sage, Xero, Quickbooks, Kashflow);
- Knowledge of Sage (desktop) and IRIS
- Broad general practice experience and (ideally) be technically up to date
- A desire to improve processes and create efficiencies
- Experience of developing junior members of staff
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to multitask and manage deadlines.