Our client is a small, well established accountancy practice based in Wotton Under Edge.
With a view to succession planning, they wish to appoint someone with the ambition to become a partner and the vision and commitment to drive the business forward.
This person will lead the development of their automated services and continue to expand their client base.
This is an exciting role for an experienced practice accountant to manage a portfolio of clients, working closely with the partners to continue to grow the business.
Specifically, you will:
- Provide excellent customer services to a varied client base and develop these relationships over time;
- Manage client accounting and taxation requirements including self-assessment tax returns, company/partnership accounts preparation and HMRC & Companies House submission;
- Lead the further development of automated accounting and reporting;
- Manage Land and Property profits and CGT;
- Handle company formations and associated advice, tax work and planning;
- Undertake day to day administration of statutory books;
- Undertake ad-hoc project work;
- Participate in business development.
The Successful Applicant
You will be an experienced practice accountant, most likely ACCA qualified, with excellent interpersonal skills.
Specifically, you will offer:
- A wide range of general accountancy practice experience including Statutory Accounts preparation and personal/business tax knowledge;
- The ability to embrace and propose new working techniques brought about from changes to accounting software moving to the Cloud;
- Experience training junior members of staff in all aspects of accounts preparation and self-assessment
- Sound communication skills, both written and verbal, and an eye for detail;
- Ability to multitask and manage deadlines.
You will be at an advantage if you can also offer:
- ACCA/ACA qualification;
- Good working experience with IRIS software;
- Business development experience.