Job title: Finance Business Partner/ Financial Controller
Annual salary: £45k to £50k
Location: North East Bristol
Reporting to: Managing Director
Hours: Full time
About our Client
Out client is a long-established heating and engineering firm with a team that’s passionate about delivering proactive and protective service to domestic and commercial customers alike.
The business is looking to appoint an ambitious qualified or part‑qualified Finance Business Partner to work closely with the senior team, developing and expanding financial analysis. It is hoped that this will lead the successful applicant to progression to Financial Controller within the business, increasing the value of the finance function by driving cost control and project profitability across the business.
This is an exciting role for an outgoing, proactive individual who is technically confident and has a good understanding of project/contract services and business partnering.
As Finance Business Partner, you will ensure high standards of financial rigour, governance and control are in place. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining accurate records of Project/Contract revenues and payments made
- Reconciling Project/ Contract Customer accounts to customer payment statements
- Flagging anomalies and following up with the Operations Director and senior team
- Liaising with clients to resolve variances in payment certificates
- Preparing figures to confirm Final Account values with customers
- Maintaining project labour costing analysis to support Project Profitability reporting
- Reviewing material costing to ensure correct project analysis in Sage
- Assisting with the development of tenders, business cases and new build pricing schedules
- Setting up and developing controls to measure, track and report performance
- Developing, managing and maintaining Project accounting and management reporting systems
- Leading and participating in monthly and annual accounting close
- Completeness and compliance with regulatory and company policy
- Timely preparation of monthly management accounts and reports for overall Company and departments (including variance analysis and commentary)
- Collating the provision of key financial metrics and performance indicators
- Assisting with the preparation of the company annual budget
The Successful Applicant
You will most likely be a qualified or part qualified accountant with experience working in a project/contract led service business. You will be a proactive self-starter who enjoys taking full ownership of your role and using excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with stakeholders within and connected to the business. The ideal applicant will share the values of the business, particularly a demonstrable passion for delivering a high quality of service to all those you work with.
Specifically, you will demonstrate:
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified (part/newly qualified or QBE will be considered);
- Strong influencing and communication skills;
- Excellent Excel and Sage 50 skills;
- Desire to engage with all functions across the business;
- Hands-on approach and well organized with excellent attention to detail;
- Proactive mindset, seeking guidance where necessary and problem solving;
- Experience in an SME business would be an advantage.