Job title: Client Portfolio Manager
Package: £30-45k pa depending on experience and qualifications
Reporting to: Partners
Role Type: Permanent
Hours: Full or Part time, flexible hours
About our Client
Our client is a successful, well established accountancy practice based in Bath, whose client portfolio comprises of growing SMEs throughout the UK.
They have a strong emphasis on flexible working - this is becoming the norm rather than the exception and as such they offer an excellent opportunity for someone who prefers to flex their work around outside commitments.
This is an exciting role for an experienced practice accountant to manage a portfolio of clients, working closely with the partners in the firm.
Specifically, you will:
- Provide excellent customer services to all clients within the portfolio, developing these relationships over time and responding to their accountancy needs within agreed timeframes;
- Act as the right-hand person to the portfolio partner;
- Liaise with the compliance team to ensure that statutory returns are completed in a timely manner;
- Assist with / complete the preparation of more complex accounts work where necessary (dependent upon experience);
- Undertake ad-hoc project work;
- Where appropriate, review the work of the compliance centre, checking for accuracy and quality and providing valuable feedback.
- Participate in business development.
The Successful Applicant
You will be an experienced practice accountant with a wide range of general practice experience for owner managed businesses, including personal tax. You will bring excellent interpersonal skills to bear and enjoy getting involved in other aspects of the business such as business development.
- Qualified or part qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA) or QBE
- Wide range of general practice experience for owner managed businesses, including personal/business tax knowledge
- Knowledge of Iris software
- Proactive approach to problem solving with the ability to analyse client situations and develop recommendations for review with the portfolio partner
- Strong communication skills to a range of audiences and an eye for detail
- Presentation skills to prepare clear and concise presentations and reports to various audiences
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to multitask and manage deadlines
- Ability to set up and maintain departmental systems
- ICT literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Five years’ practice experience preferred
- Business development experience preferred
In addition to remuneration, our client offers a range of additional benefits
- Personal Health insurance
- Referral bonus scheme
- Life Assurance x4
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Free eye tests
- Social clubs and events
- Annual pay reviews
- Great working environment